PROCUREMENT MANAGEMENT UNIT
To provide expertise and services in procurement, storage and supply of goods and services for the Secretariat.
Functions of the Unit are:-
- Advise the Management on matters pertaining to the procurement of goods and services and logistics management.
- Ensure that the Secretariat adhere to procurement process and procedures as per Public Procurement Act.
- Develop an annual procurement Plan for the Secretariat.
- Procure, maintain and manage supplies, materials and services to support the logistical requirements of the Secretariat.
- Ensure proper handling and storage, adequate and timely distribution of office supplies and materials.
- Maintain and updates inventory of goods, supplies and materials.
- Will be a Secretariat to the Tender Board as per Public Procurement Act.
- Support Secretariat’s Units to obtain the best value for money in terms of price, quality and delivery, having regard to set specifications, and
- Perform functions of Procurement Management Unit as stipulated in Para 35 of Public Procurement Act No. 21 of 2004.