FINANCE AND ACCOUNTS UNIT
To provide financial management and book-keeping services for the Secretariat.
Functions of the Unit are:-
- Prepare all payments.
- Manage payroll, and
- Budget for personnel emoluments.
- Submit voucher list to the Treasury.
- Collect all cheques from Treasury.
- Bank cash and cheques.
- Prepare monthly flash report.
- Facilitate payments of cash/cheques to employees/customers (service Provider).
- Batch paid vouchers.
- Maintain cash book, and
- Prepare and effect all payments.
- Collect all revenues, and
- Manage revenue according to regulations and guidelines.
- Prepare pension papers, and
- Maintain pension records.
- Prepare budget, and
- Monitor expenditure.
- Ensure proper documentation to support vouchers, including authorization according to regulations.
- Ensure adherence to relevant acts, regulations and circulars, and
- Reply all Audit queries raised during the previous financial year.