To provide advisory services to the Accounting Officer in the proper management of funds.
Functions of the Unit are:-
- Prepare strategic audit plans.
- Coordinate audit programmes.
- Provide proper financial advice to the Accounting Officer on the use of funds.
- Carry inspections of records of the Sub Warrant and receivers of revenue in the Secretariat.
- Scrutinize the existing system of accounting and examination of payments and collection of receipts.
- Conduct performance audit on appraisal of development projects, and
- Review internal and external audit reports involving concern to senior management of the Secretariat including the identification and dissemination of good practices.