Quality Control Division
To provide expertise on examinations and verifications of applicants certificates and information to the Secretariat
The functions of the Division
- Advice the management on matters pertaining to quality assurance and control to applicants to be recruited
- Coordinate Orientation and Induction of new Public Service entrants in collaboration with Employers;
- Coordinate preparation of examinations for job applicants;
- Liaise with stakeholders on the authenticity of applicants certificates and information;
- Maintain and update database of interview questions and examinations.
- Conduct research concerning activities of the Division
This Division will be led by a Deputy Secretary and will have two Sections as shown hereunder:-
- Verification Section; and
- Examination Section
- Conduct research concerning the division’s activities.
- Liaise with various Public Service Institutions concerning the authenticity and legality of interviewees’ certificates
- Liaise with Defense and Security Organs (Police, Immigration and Prison) for verifying background of the applicants.
- Conduct reference check for all job applicants (senior and junior positions)
- Liaise with GSO on vetting issues when need arise
- Advise various authorities (colleges, Institutions, Universities) on security features of their certificates awarded
- Advise employers on verification issues
- Maintain and manage database of applicants with forged certificates
- Maintain and manage database of applicants who have lost their certificates
- Initiate initial measures for applicants who have cheated on the process
- Verify the qualification of shortlisted applicants as per advertisement.
- Liaise with employers on conducting induction and orientation course and vetting to the prospective employees placed by PSRS.
- Prepare reports concerning the section activities
This Section will be led by Principal Administrative/Human Resource Officer
- Initiate, plan and advise on new methods of testing candidates.
- Formulate and review examinations regulations.
- Prepare interview questions for job applicants
- Supervise written, oral and practical interviews
- Supervise and conduct marking for written exams
- Prepare written and practical examination venues
- Maintain and update database for practical and written examinations results
- Maintain and update database for written, oral and practical questions.
- Search and vett credible and qualified Public Servant for marking exams.
- Search for various professionals to assist PSRS on interview questions preparation.
- Search for various Professional to assist PSRS to supervise written and practical exams.
- Deals with complains on issues regarding written and practical interviews.
- Ensure maximum security of examinations.
- Provide advisory services to employers concerning examination issues.
This Section will be led by Principal Education Officer